Wednesday 1 December 2010

Oral Test: Sample Qs for Bachillerato 1

"Here you are some of the questions you may be asked in class at your oral test"

LESSON
-What do you do in your free time?
-What are you doing after school?
-What do you usually do after school?
-How do you usually dress?
-What are you wearing now?
-Describe a person from a picture. Tell about his/her physical appearance. Make some hypotheses about his/her personality and likes.
-What does he/she look like?
-What kind of person is he/she?
-How tall is he/she?
-What colour is his/her hair?
-How does he/she dress?
-What's he/she like?

LESSON

-When did you go on holiday?
-Who did you go with?
-What type of holiday did you go on?
-What was the weather like?
-What type of accommodation did you stay in?
-Did you like the accomodation?
-What did you do there?
-What happened when/ while you were there?
-Did you have fun?

LESSON

-This year I'm determined to...
-An extreme sport I enjoy watching is ...
-I often play..., but I've never played....
-A sport I'd like to take up is... 
-My favourite team sport is...
-In order to keep fit I...
-The best film I've ever seen is..
-I've always wanted to visit.....

LESSON
-Does your family recycle rubbish?
-Do you think teenagers are concerned about the environment? Why or why not?
-What do you think your city should do to protect the environment?

-What are you and your friends going to do this weekend?
-What will you be doing in the year 2015?
-What will you be doing this time next Saturday?
-What will you have done by this time next year?

Describe these pictures:

-How can I get to Carrefour?
-Can you tell me the way to Carrefour?
-Excuse me, is there a supermarket near here?
-Where is Carrefour? How long does it take to get there?

LESSON
Speaking on the phone:

-Just a minute.
-I’ll phone back later.
-Speaking.
-Can I take a message?
-Can I talk to Mark?
-He is not here.
-Is your dad there?

-I like people who…
-I hate films which…
-I’m fluent in…
-It’s easy to get by in a country where…
-The best day that I’ve ever had was when…
-My first language is…, which…

LESSON
Expressing likes and dislikes:

-She loves Indian food.
-I don’t mind Chinese, but Kate hates it.
-I can’t stand curry.
-I’m not keen on pizza.
-I’m mad about English fish and chips.

-This weekend I might…
-At home, I have to…
-One of my favourite customs is…
-I think it’s rude to…
-Yesterday, I should have…
-I must learn how to…
-Living in a multicultural society…
-I can’t…

Giving Advice:

-I think she should…
-She has to…
-She can…
-She might…
-It might be a good idea to…
-She should consider…
-My advice is…
-I recommend…

LESSON

Asking for Help:

-Could you give me a hand?
-Can you help me, please?
-What’s the problem?
-I’m sorry, I can’t.
-I’ve got a problem.
-Of course. What is it?
-I need a favour.
-All right, but can you wait a minute?

-I usually log into...
-I would... if I were old enough.
-I use headphones when I...
-If I had a webcam, I...
-Unless I save some money, I won’t...

Describe this picture:
-It looks like...
-I’m sure that...

Talking about a picture:

-Why do you think the teenager is bullying the boy? It could be that...
-What do you think will happen next? I suppose...
-How do you think the boy feels? Maybe he  / they...
-What do you think he should do? He should...
-What would you do in his situation? I should...